Friday, March 14, 2008

Now....Let's Talk About Sex

I told you in an earlier post that I would be discussing ways to approach your daughter about s-e-x. As I thought about all that I wanted to share and didn't want to share, I found myself paralyzed by fear. There's so much that I know, and yet don't know. And I'm just going to admit to you right now that I don't feel equipped or knowledgeable enough to share any insight with you. My oldest daughter is 12, and I have no clue if what I'm doing is worth sharing or if it's even working.


However, in spite of my own fear of inadequacy, I do have some words of wisdom to offer you. I read the blog of a woman named Vicki Courtney who is an accomplished Christian author and speaker on the topic of tweens and teens. She just recently added two posts to her blog that are a must read regarding kids and sex. Look to the right of my blog and click on the "Virtue Alert" link or just go here. (You may have to scroll down a few days to find the posts.)


If anyone has the right to speak about such topics, it's Vicki. And you should definitely keep track of her blog and add it to your favorites list (she's from Texas, too, which is a plus for me!). She has great wisdom about raising tweens and teens and I'm eagerly awaiting her newest book called, 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter .


I hope I haven't disappointed you , or worse, burst your bubble since you all think I'm SuperMom. I'm certain you'll get more mileage out of Vicki's wisdom than you would mine.


PLEASE take time to read her posts....and then let's sit down with our tweens and teens and "talk about sex, baby."

1 comment:

Juli said...

I've checked out her blog before,from your link, and loved it!