Monday, October 22, 2007

My Man Can...















Gotta little story for ya, Ags.....oops, sorry. I forgot I have a large Baylor Bear audience. Actually, I got a little story about an Ag--his name is Cody, and he's my wonderful husband.




I just wanted to brag on him for a moment because sometimes I'm all about my kids, my life, my stuff....and I forget to acknowledge that Cody is a large part of the reason why I have "my stuff" (kids included). So sit back, grab a cup of non-fat, half-the-caff latte and enjoy all the things My Man Can do.


My Man Can: (You must say the words, 'My Man Can' before each of these statements or it won't sound grammatically correct!)


1. Wear a rice krispy box on his head with no embarrassment (see above photo). Where the kids are concerned, nothing is above him or below him. If it's for their enjoyment, he'll do it.



2. Give a back rub like no body's business. It's pretty much what puts me to sleep each night.


3. Do any household chore that I can do. And the beauty of it is that he's willing to do it because he knows it helps me.



4. Be romantic and thoughtful. He sets up most of our dates, including arranging a babysitter. Our babysitters are a hot commodity these days!


5. Fix just about any problem I have. He's my sounding board. He's my rock. I am emotion-driven; he's logical. He gives good advice...even when I don't like to hear it. And he's very level-headed....something I'm definitely not.




6. Give you pretty much any fact, game score, current news tidbit, etc. relating to the sports world --especially where the Aggies are concerned. It's pretty cool and freaky at the same time. He lives and breathes Aggie football and can give you a play-by-play from games that occurred years ago.


7. Exhibit the patience of Job (although I must say that as he gets older, I'm finding this to be less and less true....grumpy old man).



8. Put up with me...my moods, my OCD, my fear of snakes, my aversion to taking out the trash, my shopping habits. Someone must be paying him to stay with me. Dad?



9. Make a ponytail....he can fix Landrie's hair in the mornings if I need him to, complete with hair bow and hairspray. You can't pay money for this skill, ladies and gentlemen. It's a God-given gift.



10. Show emotion. He doesn't do it often, but I have seen him tear up on more than one occasion. Sometimes it's over something big, like my mom's funeral three years ago. Sometimes it's something small, like experiencing an intimate moment with God during church. I don't think it makes him less of a man.....but more.

11. Attempt to put our family first. The reality is that with Cody's (sometimes) grueling surgery schedule, our family simply can't always be first. Especially when he's the bread winner. Sometimes we have to be second, but Cody always makes me/us feel first. I know we are his first priority. I know nothing comes before us. And when I do get pouty about his work schedule, he fixes it (see #4 and #5 above).

12. Still make my heart pitter patter. Enough said.



Okay, all you fellow-bloggers. Share with me....what can YOUR man do? Let's lift our sweet hubbies up with our words of encouragement!


PS....I'm sharing some pictures from this weekend. My sister came down to Waco with Grace, three nieces, and a cousin in tow!

2 comments:

Noa Jayne said...

Hey, I like the pictures!tell Kellie I said HI and that she needs to check out my blog!

Love, Noa

Anonymous said...

First of all, Flo's little girl looks IDENTICAL to her. Adorable!
Secondly, you are so good. I know that is such a vague adjective, but you are. That is what I use to describe you. I haven't been to your house, but I'm guessing it's sparkling clean with everything in a place. Your kids are adorable and I'm sure that they're equally sweet. And then now, you go and compliment "your man" and make me feel so convicted. I tend to criticize mine to him and to others. Yeah, you're good and I'm bad. I've just come to that decision. :)