Hi! We're at the beach this week as most of you know from my constant stream of Facebook status updates.
We returned to Watercolor once again and made one minor change. We replaced my sister and her family with some local Waco friends -- not intentionally, of course, but Flo has a new baby and didn't think that Sophie Rose was up for a 14 hour car ride. Apparently, Miss Sophie doesn't even like 5 minute car rides because she hates her car seat so much.
However, we chose to fly to Florida because no one really wanted to be in the car with each other that long....and here we are.
Unfortunately for you, I left my cable connector thingy at home, which allows me to transfer photos from my camera to my computer. I guess you'll have to wait for a second post once we return home.
I will share with you a few highlights and parting thoughts as we enter day #4 at the beach:
1. My babies don't like sand.
2. My littlest baby did not receive the memo that vacations mean sleeping late. She has blessed us each morning at 6:45 am with her demands for the day. Keep in mind, this is the child who routinely sleeps until 8:15 am every morning since her birth.
3. My babies don't like sand that hides in their "nooks and crannies."
4. Being on vacation does not mean that people will put up their cell phones, laptops and ipods. In fact, this has become a breeding ground for increased use of above mentioned items.
5. Traveling with the Steven's is nice. There aren't too many people who can hang together for six days straight and still remain friends. We are, however, only on day 4. I'll update you at the end of the trip.
6. We will be building a pool at our next home. The girls completely prefer the pool to the beach (see #'s 1 and 3). And why we chose to travel four states away only to listen to repeated requests to go to the pool is beyond me. The La Quinta in Dallas would have been waaaaaaay cheaper.
7. I have completely lost track of what day it is, and I have no concept of time.
8. It has now started thunder storming and is supposed to do so until we leave. Now what?
9. A 10 year old child turned to me on the plane and asked: "Are you vacationing in Watercolor or do you own a house there?" To which I replied, "Yes, we are vacationing...you?" To which she replied, "We own a house there." These houses are upwards of 1.5 million dollar homes. And this 10 year old just put me in my place.
10. I've got a really rockin' tan and am ready for the summer.
11. There aren't many places I'd move to...but Watercolor is one place I'd pack my boxes and leave my friends for. (Oh, come on! You know you'd visit!)
12. Not only do my babies dislike sand, but they also dislike each other.