Thursday, September 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Babies!


This past Saturday, we hosted a double birthday party for Landrie and Emerie. Being born 8 days apart seems to have it's advantages! We rented the WBA gym, a Dora bouncy house and added lots of scooters, dodge balls, plasma cars, etc. While we invited only close friends and family, we ended up with around 15 adults and 27 kids....can you believe it????

The party was a hit! At first, we tried to organize a few relay races, but we quickly realized the kids had more fun making horse and chariot contraptions out of jump ropes and scooters. Even the bouncy house was pushed aside for dodge ball and good ol' running around! I guess the lesson I've learned is that kids don't need such elaborate parties...just a big building or yard and a few friends!
I am the "queen" of elaborate parties, and I've done them all: baking party, ooey-gooey party, Survivor party, carnival party, pop star party, Six Flags party. I usually wear myself out with the details of the perfect invitation, the perfect party favors, and the perfect party games. But no more! The simpler, the better.
I'll post pics from the party once I load them on the computer and edit them a little. Hope you guys are all staying well...lots of little bugs and illnesses going around with the kiddos being back in school! Take care....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful girls!!!!!! Can you believe they're getting so old?!?! Love that invitation! It's perfect :)