Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of Pre-K and 6th grade






















Whew! We made it through the summer! I can't believe it, but I'm glad it's over. The final few days left were really tough. If you think the age difference between Landrie and KL is enough to curb the fighting...think again. Sometimes it's worse! School has provided the much needed break for dueling sisters, an attention deprived baby, and a tired momma!




KL started this past Wednesday and there wasn't too much to report. There are 16 kids in her class...most of whom have been in her same class since kindergarten. Things are pretty much the same for her: she likes her teachers, is frustrated with math, and plays soccer with the boys at recess. Landrie is the one who I was concerned about. Everything was new for her this year. But who was I kidding?? This is Landrie I'm talking about, and she practically walked herself into the building and into the classroom! I was not needed one iota!



Landrie's teacher is great and reported that Landrie had a terriffic day. Landrie's been talking about her new best friends: Will and Cooper. I guess I'm a little confused by her preference of male friends, but I'm gonna roll with it....again, this is Landrie. She beats to a different tune!


Along with the start of school comes the start of my own schedule and commitments. I officially rolled off the board at Waco Baptist this year, but was asked to stay on as advisory and continue to chair the Marketing Committee. Add to that my Monday Morning Bible study at the church (Beth Moore's Daniel....I'm soooo excited!!), co-chair of the WBA Variety Show, Wednesday night choir, fellowship committee at WBA, and a possible spot working with the high school youth at church. Oh, should I also forget to mention that my friend, Julie, and I have started working out again????!!! I am not busy AT ALL.


I have tried to be very deliberate and purposeful with my obligations....all of which take a backseat to my family. I don't know if I've done a good job of this. Please pray for me that I won't over-commit. My only desire is to be available to my family and not push them aside because of my busy-ness. I know God will direct me and give me the strength to be super mom, but I need to be able to hear him through all this.

On a side note: Emerie turned one last week. I am sad. She is our last....or so I think. But she has developed quite a temper....


I hope you all are enjoying these first few days of school...before you know it, we'll be dropping our kids off at college. Yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up KL is! Your girls are just beautiful! Madge starts "school" next week and she's so excited, she's driving me bonkers! :)