Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Just a Swingin











Today was "hospitality Wednesday" at the Beeler household. One thing I love so much about our house is that it's central to everything (especially Target!!). Because of this, we get frequent visits from our friends and their kiddos. Today my friend, Ashley, and her 3 girls came over this morning followed by my friend, Faith, and her two boys this afternoon. Landrie had so much fun "entertaining" her friends and spent quite a bit of the day outside on the swing and in the pool. (Kellie-Laine, poor thing, felt a little too old to do much with us and Emerie was too young to enjoy the fun!) I took a few photos of Faith's boys on our swing...aren't they gorgeous (the boys, not the photos)??? Her kids are so photogenic and super handsome! These boys are on my "arranged marriage" list for Emerie and Landrie. My dad picked up a zoom lens for my camera at a really great price, and I'm enjoying using it...if you don't have a zoom lens, you should think about getting one. It allows you to take candid photos of your kids from a distance so you get a lot of natural smiles and not too many "posed" photos.


Our girls start school next week...I think I'm ready, but to be honest I'm not desperate for them to start. It's been a long summer and there have been very trying days, but time has flown by like crazy and I haven't really had a chance to enjoy it! Many of you know our dilemma with Landrie but for those of you who don't: she has an August 28th birthday, so we've been struggling with the decision of holding her back or starting her on time. The solution we came up with was allowing her to start Pre-K three days a week at Waco Baptist Academy with Kellie-Laine. If we feel she's ready to progress onward to Kindergarten next year, then we'll do that. If not, she'll repeat Pre-K again but move to the 5 day class. It's so hard to try and look into her future to know what's best, but for now we feel good about the direction we're heading.
My teacher friends: I'm wishing you the best of luck this year ahead---you are priceless!
Take care,
Angela

No comments: