Thursday, August 2, 2007

Obsession

HP Pavilion 6000 Laptop

This is the reason I haven't updated my blog in a while. I freely admit it....I'm obsessed with it. Laundry has fallen by the wayside, dinner is whatever I can quickly make, husband is ignored, children get the "hold on just a second" answer to every request, my mild case of carpal tunnel's is full blown, my extremities are numb, and did I mention my bloodshot eyes from staying up too late???

Help me stop the insanity!!!!! I've got so much to learn about Vista, Photoshop Elements 5.0, what hardware I truly need versus what the store people are trying to sell me, and how to get all my stuff organized JUST THE WAY I WANT IT! It's a maddening cycle of awe, frustration, and realization that technology has passed me by. If any of you laptoppers have suggestions, I'd be ever grateful.

2 comments:

Just Another Dreamer said...

Hey,

Vista is not that much different from XP but I haven't really experimented with it too much yet. I have a Mac so, from what I hear, some features a Mac has are now on Vista. (like Widgets) I'm always on different computers, I have three in my house and in the computer labs at Rutgers. What I do is I have an external hard drive. Everything is on there and its a good way to back up my stuff. So if I get a new computer I can easily just drag it onto there. Also, it frees up memory on the computer so it won't lag as much.

But besides computers I hope your summer is going well over there! Me and my mom are planning a trip to Texas sometime at the end of August. Hopefully I can go but we'll see. First Rutgers game is August 30th you should come up to see it! Or the September 7th game against the Navy. Then you would meet my boyfriend, he's in the Navy. Hope to talk to you soon!

Miss you and everyone in Texas,
Tara.. your lonely cousin in New Jersey

Anonymous said...

LOL! I was addicted to playing with pics on Elements when Madge was a baby. I don't get any time to do it now. Poor Lulu, huh? ;)