Thursday, August 9, 2007

A little R&R and Puffy Eyes
















Just got back from our "friends & family" getaway to Kingsland, Texas (Lake LBJ). It was four fun-filled days of rest and relaxation, mainly because I left little Emerie with Auntie Flo! As terrible as it may sound, I had a completely relaxing time hanging out on the boat, by the pool, and just sitting around talking with my girlfriends. There were moments when I really missed my baby, and many moments when I felt horrible that Flo was having to work so hard just so I could relax...but in the end, it was worth it!


Here are the kids that were on our trip...all 12 of them. The adults were really outnumbered!













The last day of our trip, Landrie woke up looking like this:




















Isn't that so sad? The day before she told me she had a headache and as I checked her forehead, I realized she had a huge goose egg on it. All she could tell me was that she bumped it on the bathroom counter. She didn't complain about it one bit. The next morning, I froze in my tracks when I looked at her like this! All the swelling had started draining down behind her eyes, and even as I write this today, her eyes are still swollen and very red.
You can check out the place we stayed here http://www.logcountrycove.com/ or here http://www.theavonne.com/ it was located down in the hill country, and I've really grown fond of the beautiful scenery there.

I'm also posting some pics from our family vacation to Wimberely, TX....not such a successful trip as the one we just had, but still some good memories were made. Wimberley is a little community built around the Blanco river. The river is the main attraction. So when it starts pouring down rain and the river turns into white water rapids, there's not much else to do. This downpour of rain continued until the last day of our trip, and we were really bummed! Finally, Cody decided come hell or high water we were going to salvage this trip, so he took us to Sea World. It was a perfect overcast, slightly rainy day and there were few people there. Even with the inclimate weather, our girls braved the water area and swam their hearts out! They returned to us freezing cold with blue lips, but they had so much fun.


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you email me some of those pics you took of me&Grace at Wimberly? Flo

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like a great end of summer! :) Poor Landrie.... I hope she's feeling better soon :*(