Monday, August 20, 2007

High School Musical Back to School Party!











I thought I was being pretty creative by hosting a HSM2 back to school party....apparently there were about 10 million other creative moms who joined me in this endeavor! We hosted 10 girls at our house for pizza, sugary soda and plenty of giggles! We asked the girls to come dressed in their pjs and bring a favorite pillow. It was really an easy party...the girls snuggled together to watch the movie and when the show paused for a commercial break, we had locker mirrors for the girls to embellish with paint and jewels. (thanks, Julie!).


The funniest thing was that during the movie, the girls were completely quiet...even shushing one another if the talking got much above a whisper. UNTIL......the kiss (or should I say "kisses") between Troy and Gabriella!!!!! The girls let out an ear piercing scream and did lots of clapping. Cody and I looked at each other with an "uh-oh" expression on our faces! I'm not sure I like this kissing business....as long as it involves people on the big screen and not my daughter!
The girls spent the remainder of the night outside playing "ghost in the graveyard" and begging their parents for 5 more minutes when they arrived.
Overall, it was a successful back to school party, and I even watched most of HSM2 myself! My review of the movie? Well, I'd have to watch it again and actually pay attention to the plot of the movie....I had a hard time focusing on anything but cutie-patootie, Zac Effron!! (It wasn't too long ago that I had New Kids on the Block magazine posters plastered on every wall of my room.....)
Have a blessed week!
A

3 comments:

Adrielle said...

You are SUCH a cool mom!!! What a fun idea, too! I'm sure you guys had a blast. And that Zac--definitely a cutie!!! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing right now because we, too, had a HSM 2 party! Hilarious! Ours was just us, though (well, Jamie, Preston, my dad/stepmom).
I'll post pics soon.
You KNOW you love it, too, Ang! I giggle in embarrassment at how many posters we had. I also get a bit embarrassed when I think of us crying over NKOTB. Geez...
Hey, why am I not on your side panel thingy for my blog? Do you not love me as much? ;)
jennifer ross (stribble)

Anonymous said...

If you read this, Jen, the reason you're not on my blog is because you don't update your blog enough!!! I had almost given up on you until I saw that you've actually put a few recents posts up! I'll add you soon.....

Love ya!