Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Re-Cap

I SURVIVED!


Here's a re-cap of what I accomplished this Christmas:


I decorated the house, the trees, and the stockings were hung by the chimney with care. All the gifts were even wrapped before Christmas Eve!



We took a family photo under the decorated tree. Surprisingly, we all managed to look in the direction of the camera at the same time.


I dressed the kiddos up in their cute Christmas jammies for a Christmas Eve photo. Kellie-Laine hated hers and wants me to take them back. But the girls look cute. Right? I have the photo...that's all that matters.



We shopped early and bought the girls appropriate, practical, useful Christmas gifts. Okay, well maybe Cody went overboard with the Barbie Jeep, but he's such an easy target at Christmas. He's sappy, and sentimental, and nostalgic. And he's a pushover.




I made four baking sheet advent calendars as gifts. It took approximately 3 days and lots of ignoring the children and husband. They turned out pretty darn cute. But Cody has forbidden me to make another one. Ever again.




I read and posted each one of the Christmas cards we received. The card collage has grown considerably since this photo. I feel so loved...and guilty that I only hang the cards with photos. Sorry, folks. There's not that much wall space in my house for each and every card!



I bought my husband the coolest, most perfect gift. A Keurig single-brew coffee maker! It is so cool!! I think he loves it more than he loves me. Okay, well maybe I'm exaggerating. But he definitely loves it more than the children.




I also hosted guests for 5 days straight. All the cooking...the cleaning...and more ignoring of the children and husband...





The house is now quiet. The gifts are put away. My cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow to restore order once again to my domain. The girls are back to whining and arguing. My husband is avoiding the final Christmas $$$ total. And me?



I hit the after-Christmas sales. Shopping....man, it felt good!

3 comments:

Nicki W. said...

my parents gave brent the Keurig coffee maker and we have been having so so so much fun with it! it makes our nightly coffee so easy!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Christmas!! I love the family pic in front of the tree! We didn't even get one this year of all four of us. :( Too much craziness around here. Next year, I'm taking it WAY more easy and not having so many projects!

Amy said...

Hi there! I am Adrielle's sister-in-law. She told me about the hilarious clip on your blog (so funny!) and after lurking a bit, I realized that this is the blog with the super-cute advent calendar that she showed me at Christmas. I LOVE it! Do you have directions?