Monday, December 10, 2007

Point of Grace and Spanks
















What do these two things have in common? They are the answers to the following questions:

1. What was the highlight of my week?

and
2. How come I look so amazingly skinny lately?

Perhaps I have a little explaining to do...let's start with #1...our church hosted Point of Grace's "Winter Wonderland" tour this past Sunday evening at Baylor's Ferrell Center. Since our church was the host, our choir had the opportunity to sing on stage with Point of Grace.

Okay, like, how COOL is that?! I've been singing with our choir for a little over two years, and this was one of the neatest "perks" I've had yet! The other cool thing was that the children's choir was also able to sing a few numbers on stage, and Kellie-Laine was part of that. Can you spot us in the above photos? No? Me either. I guess my quest for being "discovered" while on stage is but a fleeting memory. It was totally worth it, though. And if you haven't heard their new song, "How You Live"...you've got to check it out. It's one of those "stop and smell the roses and don't get consumed with dishes or laundry" kind of songs. I need to listen to that song, like, every four minutes. Maybe then I'll be a good mom who does nothing but play, play, play with my kids all day long and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy every minute of it! Oh wait, I forgot -- I'm SuperMom and, of course, I play with my children everyday and love every stinkin' moment of it. I do. Really. Savoring every moment of play. Yep, that's me. Now, moving on...

#2 ...Why do I look so amazingly skinny lately you ask? Because I've just discovered "spanks." Have you heard of them? Basically, it is a panty hose-like thing that is about 12 sizes too small. You can get all sorts of coverage depending on your "problem areas"---leg to rear, rear to chest, thigh to tummy, rear only, etc.

Unfortunately, they do not have full head-to-toe coverage, which was what I was originally looking for. I'm sure it's because most women are not into the "bank robber" look, but I was hoping for a miraculous re-shaping of my entire body; face included. Oprah swears by these things, so you know they've got to be good.! Anyway, I tried the thigh-to-tummy style. I was so impressed by what I saw that I immediately slipped on a pair of pants and turtleneck that hadn't seen the light of day since pre-baby #2 and baby #3. I looked goooood. And skinny. And uncomfortable since the circulation in my thigh-to-tummy area was cut off. But I looked goooood, so I chose to suffer through the lack of circulation.

Let's be real here, having a baby changes the shape of your body. Many changes occur--some good; some bad. After baby #1, the changes are pleasantly minimal. Fast forward to baby #3 and you'll find that the extra skin left behind from baby #3 will entertain your kiddos for hours since fatty extra skin doesn't seem to dry up and turn hard like play-dough does when you leave the cap off the container. (How's that for a word picture??!!)
But back to the main point...I have a few extra pounds to get rid of. Nothing major, just the tummy area. While 3 pregnancies definitely changed my body, it's really not that bad. Nothing a few months in the gym wouldn't take care of, but who has time for that???!! I'm playing with my kids and loving every minute of it, remember?
My solution: SPANKS...
And a vasectomy for Cody.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Point of Grace vs. "Can you start it over again? It's a hard song to start off". Hmmmmmmmmm

I'm sure it was AMAZING. Loser.
FF

KarenD said...

My favorite line of the concert was when one of the PoG ladies said, "Sorry, my throat is scratchy." And I was like... and she can sound like that even with a scratchy throat? It was an amazing experience. They are such beautiful ladies, inside and out.