Monday, May 12, 2008

Family Vacation Follow Up



I thought a follow up post might be due for those of you who gave me advice on our family vacation. We decided to stay in the U.S. as traveling internationally with three kids made me extremely nervous. (Nikki: we were so close to booking at Beaches Turks & Caicos, too!)




So, we talked my sister and her family into going with us and rented a beach cottage in Watercolor, Florida. Take a peek at our house here. You may find it interesting to know that Watercolor is minutes away from Seaside beach, where the Truman Show (Jim Carey) was filmed. Watercolor has a "beach cottage-y" feel and, according to my sister's sister-in-law, is one of those places I will be tempted to sell my children in order to purchase a home in Watercolor.



So our family will be flying from Waco to avoid the 14 hour car ride, but the 6am flight is not sounding particularly fun either. And did I mention that I hate flying? I do. Add to that fear the fact that I will, occasionally, get motion sick and have to take Dramamine prophylacticly. Dramamine makes me pass out, which is a rather unacceptable way to fly with three needy children.




So thank you, faithful readers, for extending your suggestions and well wishes. We will one day venture to the lovely beaches of Mexico, Turks & Caicos or the Cayman Islands.....but not until all of my girls are Red Cross certified.




And now for a random riddle that will shed some light on a question you've always wanted answered about yourself, "Do I Think Like a Psychopath?" Read the following riddle and try to come up with an answer:


The following is not a trick question. It is as it reads.
A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing. She believed him to be her dream guy so much, that she fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister.





So the obvious question is: what was her motive for killing her sister?

Think about your answer carefully and then go here for the answer. I totally did not get it right, but ironically, two women in my playgroup hit the nail on the head. Scary, right? (And, no, I'll never tell which mommas answered it correctly!!!!)

6 comments:

Kesleigh Castle said...

Flying is NOT my favorite thing either. I thought I was the only one my age who detests flying... The place looks nice! You and Nicki have inspired me to post my vacation spot now. Hopefully I'll get to it soon!

Juli said...

Yep, I think like a psychopath :X LOL!!! What a pretty house! Y'all enjoy! We're less than 2 months from our annual beach trip, too. I am SO ready! :)

Flo and Grace said...

Not a pyschopath...but Boog is!

Dona said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not a pyschopath. Thought I was.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a deep enough thinker to be a pychopath!! I thought it was bc the sister "stole her mystery man"!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I might be a psychopath even though I got it wrong. I'm so competetive that I'm mad I got it wrong but know that I should be glad. Weirdo!
Great beach place! I looked at Seaside, FL, too, but they are all booked.
Luckily, Ryan's sister and cousins all live in different parts of Florida, so we always have a cheap vacation spot.
Have a great time! It looks amazing.
jen ross