Friday, August 1, 2008

Mama Bird


This morning, little Emerie slept in and gave this mother of three a wonderful start to her day. As I pitter-patted around the house making beds, eating breakfast, and doing some blog reading....I, of course, had one ear ready to detect the sounds of a crying baby.


Around 9:45, I heard the cries from the crib and started making Emerie's bottle.


Then I realized something......the screaming and squealing I heard wasn't Emerie at all.


It was the black crow on my porch squawking at all his bird friends to come and feast on Sully's dog food (as they do day after day after day......while Sully snoozes two feet away from them. And to think we thought he was bird dog!!!)


I don't know what was more disturbing, the fact that 27 crows were marching around our porch with large pieces of dog food in their mouths......or the fact that my little cherub sounds exactly like a calling crow.


But it's true. I am the mother of a bird, which makes me a Mama Bird.

3 comments:

Having It All said...

And what a precious little bird she is! Hope your day has continued to be great.

Stephanie said...

She is so cute!! 9:45....oh what all I could get done if my little one would sleep that late! : )

Kylie said...

Big nasty black birds eat our dog's food, too. I don't know how to get rid of them!
Your girl sure is cute! I remember when Hudson would sleep late like that... ah!