Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Re-Cap

It's definitely Spring in Texas! 80 degrees one day, 50 degrees the next. Where else on earth can one find a 30 degree differential in a 24 hour period?!


So our Easter was little cooler than we had hoped for, but the chilly weather didn't damper our spirits too much...especially since I was soooo looking forward to our church service! Highland does such a wonderful job....amazing job....with their praise and worship music, and for some crazy reason they allow me to sing in the choir. It's a huge blessing....(just don't tell Gary Rhodes that I can't really sing that well!)


Here are some random photos of our family after church...notice that I don't have a tripod, so all of our photos are missing one member of our family.







I would like to ask you readers a question if you don't mind. We are desperately trying to put together a summer vacation for our family. We haven't been on a "big" vacation since Emerie was born, and the call of the beach is too much for us to ignore! We have a few ideas in mind, but one direction we're leaning is visiting the Turks and Caicos Islands. Have any of you been there? I'm very nervous traveling with little Miss Tumbleweed (aka Emerie). I'm also trying to decide between an all-inclusive resort vs. a beachfront or oceanfront villa. There are pros and cons to each. If you have visited a particularly beautiful beach or beach resort, please give me your suggestions! I'm already a little late in planning this, so your help would be so appreciated.
By the way, I'm in a real bloggy funk. I don't have anything poignant, creative, or sarcastic to say. I apologize. I'm sure my crazy life will provide me with more material in the days and weeks to come.

8 comments:

Juli said...

What a beautiful family :) I'm glad y'all had a nice Easter! We're trying to plan a vacation, too. I'm bugging David to go to Costa Rica. My parents are going for two weeks next month, and I'm so jealous!

Heather said...

Angela, you have 3 precious girls!! We are taking Brooks to Gulf Shores, AL in May..first time to the beach with him and we can't wait.

Jennifer said...

Angela we are going to Mexico (cancun/Playa del Carmen) area in June. We are going with Kearby's parents and sister and her 2 kids. We have a private villa on the beach. It is called Hacienda Kass if you want to research it. I can't wait. Heard Turks and Caicos is fabulous too!

Emily said...

I am sure that Turks and Caicos is amazing! Allan and I have been to a few great beaches Lanai is so peaceful and a really cool island the top of the island is almost like being in Colorado and then the coast is beautiful and there is fantastic diving. We have also stayed on the Big Island at the Hualalai Resort and that is awesome. We went to Costa Rica for our honeymoon and stayed at the Four Seasons the Papagyu Penninsula, the water was kind of chilly, I have heard that the beaches on Eastern side are better than where we were.
I hope this isn't too rambly (is that a word?), I would be happy to give you more info if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

Wow- those are the most beautiful ladies I've ever laid eyes on.

CB

Rose said...

Cute pics! Just gorgeous.

Nicki W. said...

all inclusive is the only way! way way way worth it. we went to one in jamaica, but my bro and sis in law went to a Beaches resort a couple of years ago in turks and caicos and loved it! i just think it is so convenient. there is so much to do and so much food and drink. you can get one seaside!

Anonymous said...

Florida! ha...I can't imagine taking such a big vacation with my two right now. Go Supermom!
Seriously though, I've been wanting to try Seaside, Fl. Yes, I know I'm way behind on this place (I actually used to nanny for people who had a beach house there in the late 90's, thank you very much), but it just looks so pretty!
Girl, we're going to FL this summer b/c Ryan's sis lives there. We're cheap (or just broke?).
:) Good luck! jen ross