Friday, January 5, 2007

In His Hands


I'm starting this blog with a picture of my husband holding sweet little Emerie Beth at 4 weeks. I'm not intentionally being partial to my youngest child, but it is a great picture. And it is so representative of the innocence that ALL children have when first born. In fact, this is how I envision our Heavenly Father holding each one of us during many moments in our lives. I know He's got a pretty firm grip on me right now, and I'm constantly resting in His hands as I move from one day to the next. Motherhood is a worrisome, tiring , thankless job. Its rewards come AFTER the kids have left the nest, and only then can you give yourself a pat on the back, breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Good job." I struggle with finding the balance between love and discipline; friend and mother; and doing what I have to do vs. doing what I want to do. Just when I think I can't make it through one more tantrum, spilled juice cup, forgotten homework, or explosive poopie diaper--God scoops me up in His hands, yet again, to give me rest and renewed strength. Bring on tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love love LOVE that picture of Emerie Beth :)