Monday, January 29, 2007

Jammies & random thoughts!


Here are my three sweeties in matching jammies over Christmas. My sister has a wonderful mother-in-law who is very giving--even to pseudo-family members! (Thank you, Rosemary!). She bought the girls these pajamas, and they looked adorable. Landrie immediately put hers on and wore them for the rest of the day and night!
Here's some food for thought: I'm an avid Oprah-watcher and I Tivo her show every day. Today I was catching up on an old episode, and I caught a glimpse of her show on marriage in America. She started the show by asking viewers to write down 5 words that honestly describe the state of your marriage. Your spouse was to do the same and then you compare answers. Although I didn't fully participate, I sort of made a mental list of what my five words were. Here's what I came up with: secure, peaceful, fun, and togetherness. I know that's only four....but that's as far as I go due to a household interruption (aka Landrie). There's so many more words that describe my marriage with Cody, but the one word that I think means the most to me is "gift." I know God purposed this marriage just for me, in spite of my past transgressions. It amazes me that He loves me enough to bless me in this way. I know this blog is getting pretty sappy, but even as I think about each of you reading this I know that you, too, have been blessed with equally wonderful marriages. I encourage you to take the time to really reflect on the 5 words that describe your own marriage--good and bad. Then focus on the good and fix the bad!
Getting off of my soap box now and heading to bed....honey, if you're reading this, I love you and I am blessed by the godly man you are!
Angela

No comments: