Friday, January 5, 2007

Lovin' my Girlfirends


I just have to share this picture of me and my local (Waco) girlfriends. Aren't they beautiful??? And to think that the age range is 31 to 40 years old, yet you'd be hard pressed to try and pair up each gal to their appropriate age! Aside from the outer beauty my friends hold, they're equally beautiful inside as well. And I love how God has surrounded me with friends who complement one another because of their unique differences. Want to know something else about my circle of friends? They're real....by that I mean they're completely down to earth. No pretenses, no conversations of embellished or exaggerated nature, and relatively little gossip or bad-mouthing (I'd be lying if I said gossip never happens between us girls!). It's easy to be me--the real me--around my gals because they accept and love me just the same.
I'll admit that I've struggled a bit with the friendship aspect. Especially in high school and college--who didn't struggle during those times? It's hard to know how to be a friend when you don't really even know who you are yet. And while I cherish the many great memories and experiences I've had with my past friends, there's something different about having friends as an adult. It seems we're envisioning life together....we even go so far as to plan arranged marriages for some of our kids just so that the friendship will evolve into extended family (my girls have many potential suitors lined up).
At the end of the day and the beginning of the next, I'm blessed to know my very dearest friends are only a phone call away. And I'm in awe that each time I call, my friends are always eager to pick up the phone.
Thank you for loving me, friends! I know not all of you are pictured in this photo, but your face is etched forever in my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela,
great blog page! I agree that we have a great group of girlfriends - I just wish we had more time to spend together.