Sunday, April 29, 2007

Family Photo


Would you believe that this photo taken for our church directory is the only current family photo we have? Don't you just love the 80's blue background?? This is why we're heading to Tim Flanagan this summer to have some quality photos done of our family...it's going to cost me my children's college fund to have them made, but at least it will beat this yucky blue background!!
The funny story behind this photo is that we didn't prepare Landrie very well for what we were doing. She' not one to like new experiences or try different things. So her expression in the photo was honestly the best one we could get of her. "Angry eyebrows" were, once again, on display!! She simply did not want anything to do with the crazy photographer squeaking the duck behind the camera! I guess it's rather symbolic of the family dynamics at the Beeler household....
One other funny story....Cody and I had an "impromptu date" last night on the back porch. Time alone is something we rarely get, so this was quite the treat for us to just hang out and listen to music ALONE and just talk. But our alone-ness kept getting interrupted by a very talkative 5th grader! By the end of the night, she was very proud of her "third wheel" status, and even secretly video taped Cody and me on the porch (once Cody discovered her taping us, he quickly hopped up, grabbed me and started pretending we were in a "make out" session)! Afterwards, She let us watch her video documentary and Cody and I were laughing so hard we about cried! She was making comments about her "weird" parents being on a "disgusting date" to talk about "financial problems". It was hysterical! I can't wait until she's 5 or so years older and show her that tape again....it may be something that surfaces on her engagement dinner video one day!!!
She's shaping up to be such a precious kid...her smile absolutely lights up the room and she's pretty funny -- when she doesn't try to be. Now only if we can fix the moodiness.....
Have a great week!
Angela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's not that bad! Y'all are all too good-looking to ever take a really bad picture! I need to get on the ball and get some family shots done, too. It's just one of those things I keep putting off until "next month". ugh! Landrie sounds like Madge, she usually won't smile for anyone but me or David. Her latest school picture was the first time she smiled, and I went nuts! I ordered WAY too many, haha!