Sunday, April 15, 2007

























I'm so sorry, y'all! It's been over two weeks since my last post, and I'm going to lose my readership if I don't keep up with this blog on a more consistent basis! I'll try harder....but I'm not making any promises!
Things have been a little hectic lately, and this freaky Texas weather isn't helping! The snow bunny came to visit us Easter weekend, and that really put a damper on not only our Easter festivities but also the girls' Easter dresses! The beautiful spring-like dresses that I purchased were hidden by winter coats. Texas weather is like no other, huh? Just three days before the snow, my car showed it was 81 degrees outside!! Could Al Gore be right about this global warming thing (just kidding, honey!)?
Anyway, continuing on....Easter was wonderful because we got to spend it with my sister and her in-laws. They are such a gracious family, and they always make room for us and my dad at any family gathering. Since the passing of my mom and grandmother, my side of the family literally consists of my sister, her family and my dad. It can seem sad at times, but it also helps stress the importance of staying connected--even if it means blending several different families together. Speaking of family importance, I want to ask each of you to pray for a lady named Valerie McCrea. Her blog address is listed on my blog (McCrea Family). She is a mother of three young boys and is losing her fight with cholangiocarcinoma. (For those of you who know Joel Lester...this is the same type of cancer he lost his wife to.) It's heartbreaking to read their blog each day and realize that the end is so near for her. (Her dad is actually the one who writes the blogs, although sometimes her husband, Chris, will update.) What strikes me is that as their battle draws closer to an end, their faith in God's sovereignty increases.
That's faith that is real....even in the midst of tragedy and trial--being able to praise God's name! I know I've been through many hardships in my life, and it's easy for me to look back on those times and see God's hand at work. But I don't know that in the middle of those trials I was able to see His grace and mercy...anyway, just keep Valerie in your thoughts and prayers if you can. She is currently at home with her family and in hospice care.
As for the pictures in my post, I think they're pretty self explanatory. Our snow day fun...the girls at Easter...Landrie and cousin Grace...and Emerie Beth--who is now sitting up, bear crawling, clapping, and eating anything EXCEPT baby food! I gotta get out of this precious baby stage quickly....I keep changing my mind about this being our last baby!!!!
Here's my verse for the week....referring to Abraham, Romans 4:20-21--
Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised.
May you walk this week believing in God's promises...

No comments: