Sunday, April 1, 2007

Lighting makes all the difference...





































So I was getting pretty frustrated with my digital Cannon Rebel lately (don't worry, Jen, I still highly recommend it!). Digital makes you lazy due to the fact that you can always delete and re-take the picture until you get the "perfect shot." But I was never coming close to the perfect shot, and I was discouraged. FINALLY, after the stormy days disappeared one evening, strong sunlight was streaming through my bedroom window and I seized the moment to set up an impromptu photo shoot! What I discovered was that lighting makes all the difference! I got several amazing shots and I'm thrilled to be back in love with my camera!!


We did survive the "almost" tornado, for those of you who knew Waco was in the line of fire this past Friday. Not two minutes before they sounded the sirens, Phoebe and Kellie-Laine asked if they could go jump on the trampoline. I said, "Sure" but then Cody told me he thought it was thundering. The next thing I know, the sirens are sounding and Cody begins throwing stuff out of our playroom closet and yelling for the girls to get in! Kellie-Laine was pretty freaked out and Landrie was running around asking, "Is this like Wizard of Oz tomato?" We prayed together in the closet and, thankfully, the Lord heard the cry of His people.


In other Beeler news...Cody's in need of a new truck. His 1996 Z-71 needs many repairs totaling more than it's worth, so he's got to pull the trigger now. He's looking for a Ford F-250 diesel (preferably an '03 model)....anyone got one for sale? The hardest thing is letting go of the cash....we pay cash for everything (thank you, Dave Ramsey!) and letting go of that kind of money is plenty hard. But if anyone deserves a little indulgence, it's Cody. He never asks for much and is content with what he has. He's worked hard, and I'm hoping he'll find exactly what he wants.
We're heading to an Easter Egg hunt this afternoon with our lifegroup...Landrie woke up this morning saying that she's sick and needs Easter to make her feel better. Cute, huh?
Hope you guys have a great week! Here's another verse for us to chew on--especially for the mommies:
"A gentle answer turns away anger, but a harsh word stirs up wrath." Proverbs 15:1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pics! You are oh so talented and to be envied! ;) I laughed at the "Have you ever held a rabbit?" comment. That is my Renner!
Have a great week! I love looking at your page!
jen ross

Dona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dona said...

I have a 2003 F150 extended cab that I can sell you guys. It needs a little work though :)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures!! I'm so glad you guys were safe through the storm. Good luck to Cody finding a truck!