Sunday, April 22, 2007











I've been experimenting with my Photoshop Elements software...there are so many things you can do besides digital scrapbooking! I made these calling cards for myself and the girls last night. What do you think? I've purchased calling cards in the past, and they are really expensive! Some go for as high as $2 a card--and all you do is stick it on birthday gifts!! NO thank you! So, I'll have to let you know what I think when I get them printed through AlphaGraphics. I'm hoping that by using a real high quality card stock, I'll get great results.

As for our weekend...it's been pretty hectic! We had two late nights on Friday and Saturday, and everyone was wiped out on Sunday. Kellie-Laine and Cody went to see Switchfoot in concert at Baylor on Friday and didn't get home until after midnight. On Saturday, our friends, Ken and Kristen Hodges, invited us over for a belated "Welcome to the world, Emerie!" steak dinner. It was fabulous food...and I didn't have to cook (which is a wonderful treat for me!). We didn't get any of the girls in bed until after 10 pm, and we felt the effects of that today! (Landrie spent most of the day with "Angry Eyebrows.")


The other big project I've been working on is organizing and backing up all of my digital photos...it is a laborious task, but it's so rewarding to see everything organized! My system is this: I purchased 4 three ring notebooks. Each notebook contains 25 heavyweight sheet protectors. I burn my photos onto a CD and then I print an index page for that CD. The index page goes into the sheet protector, then the CD goes into a plastic CD case with a sticker backing, which attaches to the outside of the sheet protector. Now, anytime I'm looking for a certain photo, I simply look at the index page and voila! The CD with the photo I want is right there. It's pretty time consuming right now because I haven't backed up any of my photos since I've had my camera. But once I get the old photos finished, this system will work pretty well, I think!

BTW: for those of you who were praying for Valerie McCrea...she did pass away a few days ago. You should read the entry her dad posted about her the day after her death. It's amazing and perfect. . .

Have a great week.

Angela

No comments: