Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Man!


My husband just turned the big 3-5 and I wanted to take a moment to share with you thirty five reasons why I love him! Happy Birthday, sweetie! YOU are the love of my life....
35 REASONS WHY I LOVE MY HUSBAND:
1. In college, you waited in line for two hours with me to see a haunted house....only for me to step one foot inside the house and decide I couldn't go through with it.
2. You are patient with my shopping habit.
3. I love that you crawled through the window of my condo when I broke up with you while we were dating. It was such a cavalier gesture, and I never tried to break up with you again!
4. You put our family first and have given up hunting, sports, friends, etc. to make our family your first priority.
5. You are a good country dancer.
6. Your armpits smelly yummy....all the time. It's kind of freaky, but I'm glad I never have to worry about B.O.
7. You never cease to stop giving....to me or the girls. And you never complain.
8. I love that you balance my impatience with your deliberation.
9. I love that you didn't get mad when I put an ad in the paper to sell your truck because I was tired of driving it.
10. I love that you've worked hard to get us debt free (almost 5 years now!) and that you work hard to keep us debt free!
11. You are affectionate and always let me know you love me...even when I'm not talking to you due to PMS!
12. You are thoughtful.
13. You are always on my side.
14. You get up in the midst of the night to check on the "scary noises" I think I hear outside our house.
15. You get up and check on the noises Kellie-Laine hears, too.
16. You bathe the girls almost every night.
17. I love that our marriage is a partnership.
18. I love that you still flirt with me.
19. You are a great spiritual leader for our family.
20. I love that you drove fast on the way to the hospital to deliver Emerie....just for fun.
21. You are funny and witty.
22. You come up with wonderful analogies.
23. You are a great listener and you don't always try to "fix" the problem but will sometimes just listen.
24. You really are a phenomenal athlete.
25. You toned down your "Aggie Spirit" for me.
26. I love that you understand my need for "sister-only" time with Flo.
27. You have never raised your voice at me.
28. I'm completely secure in our marriage.
29. You pray for our family.
30. You understand that my job is sometimes hard and sometimes not fun, and you try to make it better.
31. You know how to fix a ponytail for Landrie, and you remember to put in a hair bow when you dress Emerie.
32. You are giving to the less fortunate and you are compassionate.
33. I love that you will do endless honey-do projects without complaint or fuss.
34. Your dimples.
35. And finally, I love that when I showed you all the baggage I carried from my past....you only saw endless possibilities for our future.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

awwwwwww....Cody, you are THE guy for my sister....only one in a million could do all of those things and still be sane! : ) Love ya, Cody! (Ang, post this list on your fridge for those PMS days!)

Tressa said...

Happy Birthday!
You guys make a great couple!
He looks just as tan as you- is he spray tanning too? lol

Kylie said...

Wow, that actually made me teary reading :) I'm happy for you both and happy to be your friend!

Emily said...

What a sweet tribute to your hubby. He sounds like a phenomenal man, you are blessed.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Five Musgraves at Ten Oaks said...

Hey Angela! Well I DID "check out" your blog, and I absolutely LOVE it! I had Pat read this particular post this morning, and he said that he has talked to your hubby several times! It's so cool to read a blog like this 'cuz it makes up for the time we don't get to spend with people, just getting to know them these days. That's been one of the hardest realizations about our move: yes, we're moving back to our home state, near our family, to our "family home," but it just takes so many hours, days, yes, years to develop . . . really develop those friendships, that it's almost discouraging at times, to be starting anew. After reading some of your blog, though, I feel like I know you and your family, so it's kind of a jump-start to that whole process . . . which is pretty cool! And a list like this is uplifting for the whole body of Christ, so PTL!