Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Girl In the Window

Each morning I log on to my computer, check my email, and read the Fox News headlines. I will admit that I usually skip over any headline involving politics or business. I read the articles dealing with really, really sad things like the Virginia dad who gave his life to save his drowning son, the mother who made her children drink toilet cleaner and then took her own life, or the baby who is now dead because the CPS system failed....again.

I'm not sure why I put myself through this torture, and at times I wonder if it desensitizes me a bit. I'm really not shocked at the things I read anymore. And more and more, I realize that we are making God not just angry or sad, but heartbroken. I believe He is crying, wondering how we, the very people He created, can so blatantly thumb our noses at Him. And that makes me cry, too.

So I came across this news story about The Girl In The Widow, and, of course, I read it. And the gal who hates to cry....bawled my eyes out.

I'm wondering what it will take to make us act instead of re-act....pay attention instead of ignore. How many lives have to be snuffed out...How many children have to suffer....before we help?

I don't know the answer to this problem, but rest assured I will be on my knees talking to God about it. I urge you to do the same.

6 comments:

Juli said...

I read that story a while back and just couldn't believe it. That amazing family :*)

autumnesf said...

Wow! Will be passing out extra hugs to my girls tonight.

Bless God for getting her out!

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela! If you wonder where all of the British flags are coming from in your 'Live Traffic Feed'...no you don't have a new stalker...Lanny & I just moved to England. I'm new to the world of blogging so my sisters both suggested checking yours out to learn how it works. You and your fellow bloggers are really talented at this stuff (I'm not sure I'm cut out for this!) My email is brookemays@hotmail.com if you want to tell me to stop looking at your blog or just say hello ;) Your family is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yes...incredible story! If any of you are interested more in how to help foster children, etc., there are lots of ways. Agencies are always in need of good foster families. It's hard work, but worth the pay off at the end! Most people think they cannot do it, but maybe they really can. It might just be a little out of your comfort zone. There's also plenty of smaller ways to help foster families and children. Beir and Arrow are great local agencies to help if this story really spoke to you. -shannon

Rose said...

SO sad

Meg said...

Part of this story left me depressed...that this kind of thing actually still happens in our country.