Monday, September 29, 2008

Tinsel Teeth

In between all of my hiney wiping and juice cup filling, I realized that I never updated you on Kellie-Laine's new grin. Well, here she is......get out your sunglasses!




And, well, it just wouldn't be right or fair if I didn't post this lovely picture of her:


It is, after all, my main goal in life to embarass this child....or at least that's what she thinks. (According to her, I embarass her about 50 times a day. Or whenever I speak.)
So after a few days of eating chicken noodle soup, ice cream and anything she could swallow whole, Kellie-Laine has finally adjusted to her new grill. I must admit that things have certainly changed in the orthodontist arena since I was a kid.
Back when I had braces, the only "cool thing" about it was the different color rubber bands or the color of your retainer. Today, the orthodontist visit is an experience complete with tooth brushing station, computerized check in, waiting game-room, and a Kerurig coffee bar. The kids can earn "money" by wearing the orthodontist's custom t-shirt, making all A's, visiting their regular dentist for check-ups, flossing each day, etc. This money can buy all sorts of stuff from shopping gift certificates to ipod shuffles. No joke.
I'm wondering if the orthodontist would consider refunding some of our money if we opt out of their incentive program?

8 comments:

Rose said...

Can I get braces? I lost my Ipod.

Unknown said...

hilarious!!! just remember, when you are 80, she can post pics of you in diapers. (:

autumnesf said...

The kid is still stunning even with a grill. I recommend tag team dobermans and poison ivy planted under her bedroom window.

Kylie said...

She's beautiful and so lucky to have you as her mother!

Stephanie said...

LOL....love the pics!!

Nicki W. said...

cool ortho! i should post a pic of my brace face days...it was not pretty.

Dona said...

I'm with Rose. It makes me want to go get some "bling" in my mouth.

Five Musgraves at Ten Oaks said...

I love the pics!!! My boys would have died had I been on fb or had a blog a few years ago when they were ALL THREE in braces at the same time for about a year! And yes, I can top that story! My dentist had the bright idea that I needed to go into a retainer to correct some movement on my bottom teeth AT THE SAME TIME all 3 children were in braces!!! What are the odds of that??????? We all lived through it, and God provided . . . . for many, MANY appointments!!!