Monday, September 8, 2008

Things I've Learned

(thanks for the post idea, Kes!)

For the first time in my blogging history, I'm feeling the burden of the blog. I think the craziness of school, life, kids, athletic events, the endless filling of juice cups, homework, pre-teen attitudes, five-year-old tantrums and hiney-wipings has brought me to the brink of insanity. And adding one more thing to my "To Do" list just might push me over that brink.

Just as I peer over the edge of insanity, wondering if "Ange-La-La Land" will be filled with gummy bears and unicorns, I remember: I haven't updated my blog.

And then I jump.......

So I can't really say that this particular post is filled with inspiration and creativity. Rather, it is filled with obligation and pity. Nonetheless, here are the Things I've Learned in the past three weeks since school has started for my girls:

1. Two Days of Mother's Day Out for Emerie? HALLELUJAH! Praise God for MDO!!

2. Overnight, my oldest daughter morphed into a teenager.....and I now look more like her sister than her mom.

3. The decision to hold Landrie back a year before starting Kindergarten was.....worth it.

4. Getting a new puppy for Kellie-Laine two weeks before school started makes her puppy.....my puppy.

5. Receiving four phone calls before 9 am on any given morning is a blessing and a curse.

6. My summer tan is now my summer fade. Spray tanning, here I come!

7. I said "yes" to too many projects and commitments.

8. I have too many opinions and not enough friends to share them with.

9. My children will not be better off because their lunch box matches their back pack which matches their nap mat which matches their hair bow.

10. Teachers don't understand that some moms have more than one child.

11. Puking after your first body shaping class in two years does NOT increase your self-esteem.

12. The cellulite on the back of my thighs does NOT increase my desire to attend a body shaping class.

13. I never thought I'd be a mom who missed any of my kids' events....until now.

14. I was convinced that my girls hated each other.....until they went back to school.

15. A clean house is an empty house.

16. A clean car means I am dead.

17. I could not do my job without my husband.

18. I'd never laugh without my girlfriends.

19. There would be no need for a "no-no" stick without my girls.

20. I would not trade my life for anything. Thank you, Jesus.

5 comments:

Rose said...

Wow! Sounds like you have had quite the week! I'll be praying that you will be attracted to your blog like NKOTB are to bad dance moves.

And... I would love to hear opinions! Don't be distracted by my blog, I love opinions unless your opinion is that I am a lousy parent!

autumnesf said...

You are so right! This is such a crazy time of year. I feel like I've literally and truly lost my marbles and ability to learn new tricks. Geesh I'm getting old!!

Juli said...

{{{{{{{{{{{Angela}}}}}}}}} We all get in a blogging funk. I swear, with me, it's feast or famine. And half the time I'll think of something interesting or funny to blog about and then by the time I actually get free computer time, I've forgotten it :X

I'll listen to your opinions ANY day, old friend :-) (and I mean old as in long-time, not that YOU'RE old. I AM six days older than you, lol!)

gwsas4 said...

Great post, Angela! I really appreciate how honest & relatable you are!

Five Musgraves at Ten Oaks said...

Bless you Angela! Be thankful for the friends you do have close-by!!! I long for those friendships that are literally y-e-a-r-s in the making! Things can be so hard when you're lonely for people, but then I think, we cry out to the Lord even more when He is our everything. Life can be such a mix of emotions, can't it?