Thursday, February 8, 2007

Cold Again!


Yesterday we had wonderful spring-like weather...near 80 degrees. Today? Not even 50 degrees here and cloudy skies. Yuck! That's Texas weather for ya! We did take in the wonderful sunshine yesterday, and the girls had fun swinging and jumping on the trampoline.
You can't tell from the picture, but Kellie-Laine was actually pouting because she was "serving time" by doing 20 minutes worth of chores of my choice. It's a new rule I made up just yesterday when she forgot her lunch, which is a common occurrence for her. I had just gotten Landrie home from gymnastics and put the baby down for a nap when the phone rings and it was Kellie-Laine asking me to bring her lunch. Normally, I oblige...that is, after all, one of the perks of being a stay-at-home-mom. But I was really put out this time because the baby had just fallen asleep! I called a very wise mother-of-four and she let me in on the "20 minute chore" consequence. I liked the concept, and I'm hoping it will help KL become more responsible with her things. She is CONSTANTLY forgetting items of necessity! I will always try to extend grace when I can, though.
Kellie-Laine is a very good daughter most of the time, so I hope this blog doesn't sound overly critical. She does have, like most kids her age, an issue with personal responsibility, though, and I'm determined to help her! I want to make sure that I return her to the world as a mature, responsible, God-loving adult...and won't she make a fine wife one day?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't sound overly critical at all! Children just have the most amazing timing, don't they? :)