Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!
















Lots of things have happened since I last blogged, so I'm going to post in numerical order so I don't miss anything!

1. Landrie woke up Wednesday morning with an early Valentine's Day surprise--PINK EYE! We haven't had that around this household for a long time...needless to say, I keep reminding her not to touch the baby or her eyes, but neither request is being obeyed. Landrie does, however, remember to tell me after the fact that she needs to wash her hands by saying "I touched mine eyeball!"

2. Kellie-Laine's school had its annual Valentine's Skate party, and she was so excited because Korban asked her to be his "valentine." While I don't condone this type of one-day relationship in general, I allowed her to have her fun and stressed that this in no way meant they were boyfriend and girlfriend. Kellie-Laine couldn't really even tell me what being his valentine meant. That's one nice thing about private school. Kids are really super sheltered for the most part, so these social relationships that are happening early on in the "real world" don't really have much presence at WBA. One sad bit of news, KL's homeroom teacher fell while skating and tore her ACL, so she'll be in surgery and recovering for awhile. Pray for Mrs. Rovelo!

3. Cody and I shared V-day with our normal "low-Key" approach. He got me a new Razr phone, which I love because it is PINK! It's my favorite color, and if someone wants to sell me something, all they have to do is make it pink! (That's one perk of being a mom of 3 girls--everything is pink!) I've been having fun figuring out its cool features--one feature that I like is called the Answer Tone. If any of you call my cell phone, instead of hearing the ringing you'll hear a song of my choice! Pretty cool...just don't hang up too soon. You'll hear the main chorus of the song before my phone actually rings.
I got Cody a gift of a different kind. I created a folder in his itunes account called "Cody Love" and downloaded a bunch of songs that reminded me of him and our dating relationship (past and present). It was a fun compilation with songs like "Whoomp! There It Is" ( the song he was dancing to when I first saw him) and "Wait" from Grey's Anatomy, since each Thursday we put the kids to bed early and watch it! (Don't tell pastor Barry!) There were other fun and sweet ones like" Time & Faith's, "It's Your Love" and Keith Urban's, "Your Everything." He loved it! And since he had to drive to Killeen last night at 9 pm to deliver some work stuff to the OR, it was a great way to pass the time.

4. Landrie, too, had a suitor come a'calling this V-Day. Her very best friend, Carson (a boy), made her a special red-beaded locket necklace and bracelet. He got dressed up in a sports coat and knocked on our door with the present behind his back and presented his gift to Landrie asking, "Will you be my Valentine?" It was priceless!

And just a few random things from today:

~We found out today that we have one of the contaminated peanut butter jars...yuck! The bad batch is Peter Pan brand with a lot # that starts with 2111---check your peanut butter!

~Kellie-Laine won her basketball game tonight 18-16...the referees were terrible! They made 5 horrible calls--two of them on Kellie-Laine! Usually, we're pretty objective parents but tonight was pretty unbelievable. It was a great lesson for KL to learn though. Life isn't fair, bad calls are often made, but you keep on playing!!

~Cody brought me a strawberry tart from his trip to College Station today. It's from a restaurant called "Cafe Excel" and I highly recommend it if any of you make the pilgrimage to Aggieland. I've already devoured it!

Anyway, I hope each of you had a treasured day with your loved ones...but that each day will be just as sweet and precious. I'm off to do my precept Bible study and then hopefully watch Grey's Anatomy with Cody...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Landrie! Madge had that about 6 months ago. Those antibiotic eyedrops cleared it up SO fast. What a sweet Valentine's Day you all had :)