Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sunshine Days!







It's hard to keep up with this blog since the weather's been as great as it has been these past few days! In Waco, there's a very, very short window of time before the warm weather allows for the spawn-of-satan mosquitoes to hatch! All the females in our family are extremely allergic to mosquitoes...and they love our scent! So for now we're able to play outside, and that's exactly what we've been doing!

Kellie-Laine is playing the last two basketball games of the season this week. I'll admit, I'm sad! But we've already started soccer practice and our first game is Saturday. This is the first time Kellie-Laine has played since she was FOUR, but she was begging us to let her play again. Apparently, she spends her recess time with the boys playing soccer at school! If I didn't know better, I might be concerned that I have a tomboy on hand!

Landrie's pink eye is gone and so is the virus she had all last week. A blood vessel in her eye burst due to the coughing and pink eye, and so most of her eyeball is blood red! It's pretty scary. She is currently obsessed with kissing and hugging Emerie and takes her big sister job very seriously.

Cody and I have decided that Landrie is going to be the child we pray about the most....she's sneaky and sometimes downright deceitful! Last night as Cody was giving her a bath, she told him that her hairbow "went to the potty all by itself." After a series of questions, we discovered that Landrie had flushed one of her hairbows down the toilet. "Why didn't you tell Mommy?" I asked. "Because it was an accident" was her reply. I walk around the house wondering what else might have disappeared at the hands of our sneaky little girl.

Emerie is at that golden 6 month mark. Does anyone remember this? They are soooo stinkin' precious and cute...their coos are heart melting...it's hard to stop kissing those precious cheeks! Ahhh....it's insanely contagious the way they make your heart feel as they gaze into your face as though seeing you for the first time! I told Cody I wasn't sure if I could definitely say this was it--our LAST child! It makes me sad to even think about it. But I have to remember that when Landrie was this age, I had these same feelings! If I had better pregnancies and knew for sure that we'd have another girl, I might go for it. But...that's not reality. Maybe we'll re-evaluate this issue when she's two.

Our family is, once again, hooked on American Idol. Is anyone else watching? I spend most of the time asking Cody and Kellie-Laine to be quiet (they like to comment as the performers sing, which impairs my ability to HEAR the performance!), but thankfully we tivo it and so I can oftentimes go back and watch it again by myself!

So there's the latest in the Beeler world. Pretty uneventful, but that's the way we like it!

Have a sunny day!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who do you like on American Idol? I'm watching it in about 30 minutes time with my DVR, so I don't get every little detail. I like the Jack Osborne look alike, the military guy, Brandon, and the be-boxer (is that how you even spell that?). I think the girls are so much better, though. We'll see tonight, right?
I've enjoyed reading your blog! Very fun and connects us again!
I don't know how to get a blogger or google account, but I'll try so I can keep posting.

Jennifer Ross

Anonymous said...

Jen:

try the blog site that I use...it's literally a template and click, click, click! It's super easy...much easier than myspace (in my opinion, and a lot less trashy). I love the girls on AI...the three black ones are phenomenal (can't remember names just yet). For the guys, I like the be-boxer dude, too, and the guy who sings like Justin Timberlake...Chris?

Thanks for keeping up with my blog!

Jenny from the Block said...

Hey! It's fun (and cute)! I have an account now. I've only written once (when I signed up), and I don't know how often I'll blog. However, it's a great idea that I want to do,too. My blogger address is jenlynnross.
Also, guess what Ryan brought home from Costco last night? DRUM ROLL
Adobe PSElements 5.
Woo to the hoo! I hope to work on it this weekend.
You're the inspiration!!!(Just sing Chicago when you read that, ha).