Monday, January 28, 2008

Favorite Things List

I was tagged by my sister to do a "favorite things" blog entry. Subsequently, I'm tagging ALL my fellow bloggers to do the same! It beats trying to come up with something creative and engaging to blog about! Here are a few of my faves:





I took a Modern Literature class my senior year at Texas A&M (whoop!). The class itself was enthralling, the professor was lively and spastic, and the books allowed me to use my critical thinking membrane. I fell in love with this book, and to this day it remains on my list of "Top 10 Books You Must Read Before You Die". It is NOT an easy read. It is a little weird, and my sister and my dad have not been able to read it. You must understand: my dad consumes books, but couldn't get through this one. Like I said, it's a tough read, but sooooooo worth it if you can get to the end. You will read this last page of the novel, sigh deeply, then dive right back in to re-read it. That's exactly what I did.



I love to organize things, and The Container Store is an organization-freak's dream! I rarely get to shop there, but I love all the new concepts they bring to the organization world. And don't misunderstand: my home isn't really that organized, but when I get on a kick and organize my craft closet (like I did this weekend), there's not much else that brings about the same feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.




White, sandy beaches. Enough said. Cody and I got married on the beach in the Bahamas, and so it's only fitting that I long to return there again, and again, and again.....
So I have this thing with smells.....I have a very sensitive nose and it can pick up lots of wonderful and not-so-wonderful smells. These wallflowers are a little addicting, and I have, like, 52 of them sitting in my dining room buffet. My favorite scents are creamy nutmeg, wintertime, frosted cranberry, and brown sugar and fig. I have 4 of them plugged in at this very moment....I don't care if they are considered fire hazards. My house smells good.
I'm a Beth Moore groupie. I admit it. Most of her studies are great, some are good, and then there's the one that knocks your socks off. For me, the Believing God study was my sock knocker-offer. It changed my life, helped me piece together a solid testimony, and allowed me to see God retrospectively in areas of my life prior to becoming a believer. It was the glue that linked together the pages of my life, and I don't know if I'll ever go through the kind of metamorphosis that I went through during this study. I hope I will, though.....
Oh, sweet mama! Can you hear my "hallelujah" chorus playing in the background? I loooooove this program. Love it. I love to design digital scrapbook pages, calling cards, wedding invitations, birthday invitations, and even blog headers! (check out Amy, Flo and Dona's blog on my links list to see the headers I designed for them.) Even more than my own designing, I love teaching others how to use it.



Last but not least, this is my current favorite house on the market in the Waco area. Cody and visited this house with our realtor, and we left our hearts there. (super corny, right?). We toured this home about a year ago, and I think about this house at least once a day. It represents everything that is impractical for the Beeler family, but sometimes impractical is what's most fun, right? This gem sits on 17 acres in the middle of podunk-ville, and comes equipped with pool, hot tub, concrete stained floors, floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace, and two donkeys. The donkeys did me in. My soul will not rest until I own this piece of property.

Well, there you have it. It's not thrilling. It's rather shallow. But it's my favorite things list. I hope you're a better person for reading this.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Where is that house?

Heather said...

Hi Angela..so glad to find your blog thru Flo's. Loved catching up on super mom's life!! I'm interested in the photoshop program..where can you purchase, will you walk me thru it as a beginner?? I plan to do a favorite things list as soon as Brooks' 2nd birthday party is over. Cool home and who could live without 2 donkeys?