Sunday, January 20, 2008

Interview With A Pre-Teen

Well, well, well...two posts in one day, eh? I must have a lot of time on my hands.

I have an important announcement: I have a really special post that's coming soon, but I'll need your help. You see, I have a guest blogger lined up for an interview at the "Adventures of a SuperMom" blog! That's right! This guest blogger will answer your most burning questions...questions that all of us have on our minds and want answered FROM 12 YEAR OLD.

Yep, you guessed it. Kellie-Laine will be blogging sometime next week, and she will be answering your questions. Nothing is off limits--well, I do draw the line at perversion--but other than that NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS! She will answer your questions without any editing or suggestions from me. (This will be an extreme practice in letting go of that "control freak" in me!)

Haven't you always wondered why pre-teens seem fascinated with bodily noises...especially at the dinner table? Ask Kellie-Laine. Don't know what to do with your daughter who has a hard time making friends? Ask Kellie-Laine. Interested in knowing what I look like with no make-up on? Ask Kellie-Laine. Want to know why girls whine when asked to clean their rooms? Ask Kellie-Laine.....you get the picture, right?

Here's what I need you to do: please post a question in the comments section of this entry. Once we've gathered a handful of questions, I'll have Kellie-Laine post her responses. I know I've whined and complained about the many of you who read my blog; yet don't comment. And hopefully I've praised and properly acknowledged those of you who do....but if you could please do me a favor and try to think of something to ask her. I'd really, really be grateful. She's excited about this, and so am I!

Looking forward to your questions.....I think!

9 comments:

Dona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dona said...

Kellie-Laine
I have many questions I could ask. As I am sure you would be able to answer them all, I will keep it to a minimum.
How has your mom/dad talked about smoking, drugs, and alcohol with you? Do you really listen when they try to teach you something?
How can I know my daughter is listening?
What would be a good way to go about talking with my daughter about the changes that are happening with her body?
Thanks so much for answering some questions that are truly worrisome to me.

SuperMom said...

Dona!!!!

You go straight for the jugular don't ya!

I'm glad though....now I'll get to see if she's really listening!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How can I top Dona, LOL? Those are awesome questions, and I can't wait to see what KL has to say in response! I'll go for lighter fare ;)

Kellie-Laine,

What's your favorite memory about being little, like Landrie's age?

When people like your mom and dad and their friends try to keep up with you guys on what's cool and who's cool, are we cool or dorky? ;)

What's the one thing you wish your parents would let you do that they say you're too young for right now?

And you probably don't know who I am, but I want you to know that I remember holding you when you were about two months old in Atlanta. You were one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen (I don't think your mother knows how to make babies that aren't gorgeous), and I love watching you grow up into such a special and beautiful young lady :)

~Juli

Emily said...

If you could have the best day ever what would you do?

Emily said...

I just realized that another friend we share is Amy. I first met her when we were little girls and then we reconnected after having our babies. She was in my playgroup when she lived in Dallas. I can't believe how small the wordl has become now that I am a blogger.
I hope that we get to meet sometime as well. Who knows maybe when Adrielle has Miss Chloe Grace our paths will cross.
I can't wait to read what your guest blogger has to say. I will check back often for the big post.

Tressa said...

WOW, Im excited about hearing your answers. I have two girls..almost 9 and 8. (Also two boys 9 months old and 2)

My question for you is:
What do girls want to hear MOST from their moms?

Thank you, your answers will help me be a better momma to my girls!
Blessings!
Tressa

PS. I stop by this blog every now and then, but a friend recently told me of this interview so I stopped by again! You can check out our family blog at the6stricklands.blogspot.com

Adrielle said...

Kellie-Laine

I am so excited to get my questions answered I can't even begin to tell you.

OK. #1-Per our short conversation last Wednesday night, instead of saying "That's cool!" what should I be saying so I don't sound so old?

#2-What is one thing your mom has done for you that you are really grateful for?

#3-What is one thing you wish she would do?

#4- What is one thing your dad has done for you that you are really grateful for?

#5-What is one thing you wish he would do?

Thank you very much for your honest response. I value your opinion!! See you soon!

Andi said...

Kellie-Laine

You probably don.t remember me but I am a friend of your Aunt Flo. I love that your mom is doing this for you! Ok well I have 2 boys, so I can't really ask any girly questions but, I think I have a few good questions for you.

1. What is it like having two sisters?
2. My boys are getting to the age where they argue a lot, do you and your sister (I know Emerie isn't old enough to argue yet)argue alot as well or is that just a boy thing?