Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Time to Worship

Got a question for all of you out there reading this....so if all four of you don't mind responding, that would be just great!

I've alluded a bit to my love of music, mostly Christian. Cody and I have amassed a huge collection of itunes music, which is now worth more than the sum of both of our vehicles. One of my favorite things to do in all my spare time (I'm laughing hysterically at the thought of "spare time") is to search for new artists and new music. I've come across some recent favorites, and I'm in love with my new worship mix.

Which leads me to my question for the four of you readers....WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTIAN SONGS? Let me clarify that I don't really mean hymns (which I dearly love)...I'm talking about worship music. Your personal favorites...the ones that get your blood pumping and you can't help but singing and smiling!

Here is what's currently on my favorite worship mix:
1. Revelation Song
2. For My Love, Bethany Dillon
3. Light of the World, Watermark
4. God With Us, MercyMe
5. Hallelujah, Bethany Dillon
6. Take Me There, Watermark
7. Let your Light Shine, Bethany Dillon
8. You Are Good, Nicole Nordeman
9. I Know You're There, Casting Crowns
10. How You Live, Point of Grace
11. Glory in the Highest, Chris Tomlin
12. Beautiful, Bethany Dillon
13. Captivate Us, Watermark
14. The More I Seek You, Hillsong (?)
15. Miracle of the Moment, Steven Curtis Chapman
16. In Better Hands, Natalie Grant
17. All My Praise, Selah
18. Top of My Lungs, Phillips, Craig & Dean

There's one or two more I can't remember right now (I made the above list from memory), but you get the gist of the kind of songs I'm talking about.

I listen to this CD every time I'm in the kitchen, which is about 12.5 times a day. My little ones, especially Emerie, will walk around with their hands lifted up in the air, swaying and singing (yes, we attend Highland...aka "High Hands"), and it's super cool to watch them do this!

I just love the energy that fills the air when powerful praise is being played! It can literally turn my sour mood sweet, and make my happy mood exhilarating! I was just curious if anyone else has this emotional response to music the way I do (or if I'm just a complete freak of nature). And listen, I know it's not really the music that I'm responding to...but God himself. Even better.

So respond away, you four faithful readers.....what are your musical faves? Any suggestions for me? And please remember to call ahead if you ever plan on stopping by my house. The sounds from within might scare you. While I love to hear great worship music, I also love to sing with it. And that, folks, is where my endless talents end. I can't sing melody (I'm an alto)....but that NEVER stops me from trying!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE to have worship music playing around the house too! A few that I love right now: "None but Jesus"-Christy Nockels, "Glory in the Highest" and "How can I keep from singing"-Chris Tomlin, "Holy Roar"-Watermark. I think you might also like an album called "Sing Over Me" that has songs by Christy Nockels, Nichole Nordeman, Erin O'Donnell and Bethany Dillon. Hope you are doing well!
-Nicole

SuperMom said...

Nicole:
I actually already have that CD! I LOOOOOVe it....bought it when Emerie was born and still listen to it! I haven't heard of the Watermark song you listed, but I will check it out!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Dona said...

Mike and I both LOVE MUSIC!! I guess that is why our kids are such great music lovers as well. Isn't it just amazing that by listening your mood can change?! Some of my favorites are "Take Me In" and "Arms of Love"- Kutless, "This Man" and "I Still Believe" by Jeremy Camp, "My Savior, My God" by Aaron Shust, "In The Middle Of Me" by Todd Agnew, and almost everything by Casting Crowns. Specifically "East to West" and the one that brought me to tears this morning was "The Word Is Alive".

Anonymous said...

Lara made me a mix tape YEARS ago that had the best songs on it. My absolutely favorite song on it was Stomp by Kirk Franklin, lol! I'll have to get a list from her, it was good music to get you up and moving around. For wind-down time, in my house, you can't beat Twila Paris' lullaby CD. That played nonstop in both girls nurseries for the first year or so. :)

Adrielle said...

Watermark's song "Mended" is so so good. Not fast, but very meaningful. It was my anthem song a few years ago. It's on The Purest Place CD.

Kylie said...

Hudson just turned 2 in December and his favorite song in the world is "You make everything glorious" by David Crowder. He asks for it every time we're in the car, gets excited when he hears the first note and says, "you mate anyting dorious... my favorite song!" The song is wonderful in and of itself and I love it, too. But to hear my sweet little boy say the words, to hear praise on his lips, is indescribable to me. Oh they listen to what we listen to! Good for you for filling your home and car with praise! I highly recommend all of David Crowder's newest.

Anonymous said...

"Here with us" by Joy Williams. More of a Christmas time song but it gives a little different perspective of God as a baby/child.