Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More Observations from Watercolor, Florida







I could really, really get used to this.



Sadly, I already have, which will make leaving this cozy little beach town all the more difficult. We're nearing the final countdown with only one full day left before boarding American Airlines and landing on Texas soil, once again.



Here are just a few more observations about Watercolor....for those of you who may visit one day:



1. I love that "dressing up" means putting on a swimsuit cover up. I think this is true of most beach communities, but I just love that my bathing suit is my primary attire. I packed around 20 different outfits. What a waste! And because everyone here is swimsuit-ready, you quickly get over the "unsightly" areas of your body and let it all hang out! (And, believe me, there's been some hanging on this body!)




2. You can't help but get a daily dose of exercise in Watercolor. As mentioned before, we bike everywhere, so my thighs are getting a great workout. Walking on the beach is good for the calf muscles, too. And, finally, just plain ol' sunshine does a body good.




3. Everyone in your family should get a bike. This has been my favorite part of the trip, really. Especially when we ride at dusk. In fact, Cody and I had a date night last night, and we rode to our fancy restaurant on bike. It was too funny to see us dressed up, pedaling our way down the neighborhood streets! I've seen so many kids chasing each other on bikes, exploring the trails, and even a few who were attempting to remove their training wheels just to keep up with the big kids. I'm sad that there aren't more neighborhoods in Waco where bike riding is prevalent.





4. If you don't like the beach....Watercolor is not the place for you.




5. Did I mention that screened porches and outdoor showers are NOT overrated?


See y'all back in Texas!

8 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh! Your trip looks so wonderful! I am incredibly jealous. I want all the details so I can duplicate your trip exactly with my family! :)And, your red swim suit is the cutest swim suit ever.

Rose said...

I am still so jealous...... I swam in the Y tot pool today with my 7 month old, and it doesn't even come close to the real thing!

Having It All said...

I am so glad y'all are having so much FUN! Your whole family (sister's too) are just beautiful. See you in Texas soon. (Don't cry too much!)

Anonymous said...

Too cute and picture-perfect! What an awesome vacation. I hope our family beach vacation is as dreamy as yours looks like it was. I can't wait to take the kids to the beach. I'm just too nervous to commit to anything. I don't know which condo is best... Hopefully we'll get it booked soon! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. We missed you this week.
Love ya,
H

A Konzelman said...

Sounds like a great place to vacate to. Can't wait to hear more! Great swimsuits! Thanks for the tips.

Anonymous said...

I am extremely jealous, too. Mainly because 1) you still look like you did in high school and 2) your family looks so cute and non-trashy.
My kids would be running all over the place, taking off their clothes, while my fat butt chased them, jiggling everywhere, of course.
Despite my jealousy, I'm so glad you had a great time! :)
jen ross

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I looked up Watercolor, just in case we hit a small jackpot of money and time and sanity (you know, spending a whole week with a 2 year old). It's pretty much booked all summer. Did you book it last year or what? Just curious. I think we might copy and go sometime in the next 10 years. :) jen ross

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I looked up Watercolor, just in case we hit a small jackpot of money and time and sanity (you know, spending a whole week with a 2 year old). It's pretty much booked all summer. Did you book it last year or what? Just curious. I think we might copy and go sometime in the next 10 years. :) jen ross