Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wakin' Up a Little Older

I woke up this morning and this was sitting on my kitchen island:





My wonderful husband surprised me with it for my birthday today! YES......I'm a year older today! 33 to be exact. I'm currently struggling with some physical ailments, which I'm sure have nothing to do with my old age..... a low back (bulging disc?) problem and an upper respiratory infection. Talk about feeling your age!!!

I'm sure most everyone already owns one of these mixers, but since Cody and I eloped to the Bahamas....we didn't have all the traditional wedding showers that most brides and grooms do. Therefore, I completely missed getting one of these babies. If you have any helpful tips or great recipes, let me know. I'm Kitchen-Aid-Mixer-Illiterate!!

And, thank you, honey for always surprising me with just the right gift, at the just right time. You and my kiddos are the best "gifts" I ever have or ever will receive.


12 comments:

Juli said...

Happy birthday, Ang! I have a red one, too ;) I use lots of the recipes that came with the mixer. And mine gets used on a daily basis most of the time, I love love LOVE it! Good job, Cody! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ang! I'm so glad to be one to one of the oldest/long-standing friends that you have! :)
I hope you day is fabulous! I love you! Mwah!
jen ross

The Garners said...

Happy Birthday! I have one of the mixers and love it! It has helped with many batches of cookies and lots of cakes! :)

Having It All said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I'm one who only brings out my Kitchen Aid when my husband reminds me (not enough counter space to leave it out). But it really seems to speed things along when I'm baking. Hope you're feeling even a tiny bit better today.

Rose said...

Oooh! Pretty! I am totally convinced that all things baked taste WAY better when you use a kitchen aide. So, i challenge you to bake a cake!

autumnesf said...

Happy Birthday! I actually got my first one of these this last Christmas. They didn't make them when I got married! LOL!

Hope you are feeling a little better today!

Emily said...

happy birthday a day late. I hope that you are feeling better and that you had a happy day in spite of being sick. I LOVE your red mixer! I have a silver one and I love to use it as often as possible.

Heather said...

Hope you had a Happy Birthday and are feeling better!! I don't have a Kitchen Aid either..it's on my list of wishes.

Stephanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you are feeling better today. Love the mixer!

Kylie said...

ooh, I like the red one. (mine's just plain ol white) They are so nice and heavy and make me feel like a better homemaker just having one. Set it out and everyone who comes over will think you bake delicious treats whether you do or not :) but if you decide to, it is sure easy with the kitchenaid- just get it going and walk away! Hope your birthday was special and your feeling better today!

Tressa said...

Happy birthday to you!! I have the same mixer- red and all...and I LOVE it!
Just like Kylie said it makes me feel like a better homemaker by just having one around!
My favorite thing about it is it doesnt need a babysitter- it mixes all on its own! I could use all the help I can get!

KK said...

Happy Belated birthday! Mine is two days after yours!


Best wishes

KK